- head of the smart building security at Fraunhofer FKIE
- involved in network steganography/covert channel research; member of Stegano.net
- author of four IT-related books (started writing when I was 17, sold >45.000 copies)
- received PhD from University of Hagen in 2013
- teaching/supervising at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences, University of Bonn, University of Hagen
- OSS developer (my projects)
- email: steffen (at) wendzel (dot) de (PGP pub key: 0xC58EB736).
- Find (information about) me on Mendeley, ResearchGate, DBLP, PubZone and CCSB.
- now: working towards a habilitation in computer science and a B.Sc. in psychology (both at the University of Hagen)
- 2013: Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat.) in computer science from University of Hagen (chair of parallelism and VLSI)
- 2011: M.Sc. in computer science, Augsburg University of Applied Sciences
- 2009: Dipl.-Inf.(FH) in computer science, Kempten University of Applied Sciences
Working Experience (Selection)
- since 2013: Head of Secure Building Automation at the Cyber Security Department of Fraunhofer FKIE
- 2010-2013: Research assistant for the IT4SE (IT for Smart renewable Energy generation and use) project and later at HSASec group, Augsburg University of Applied Sciences
- network covert channels and network steganography,
- building automation / smart city security,
- human aspects of IT security,
- terminology and taxonomy in IT security,
- IT security and security engineering,
- In addition to computer science I am interested in psychology, university history and campus novels.