- I switched from Augsburg University of Appl. Sciences to Fraunhofer FKIE, where I now lead a team in the area of smart buildings and network steganography
- Academic activities:
- Taking part at the NIS Public-Private Platform Working Group 3 on Secure ICT research and innovation announced in the Cybersecurity Strategy of the European Union, Bruxelles
- Review for a book proposal @ WILEY-IEEE
- Review for IEEE Spectrum magazine (Spectrum)
- I became a Program Committee Member at International Workshop on Cyber Crime (IWCC 2014) at IEEE S&P, San Jose, 2014.
- I became a Program Committee Member at GI Sicherheit 2014, Vienna.
- I became a Technical Program Committee Member at 9th International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP'14), Paris, France, 2014.
- Teaching at the Augsburg University of Applied Sciences this winter term
- Supervising a number of theses at the University of Hagen
- Supervising one seminar student at the University of Bonn
- started working on a new book: W. Mazurczyk, S. Wendzel, S. Zander, A. Houmansadr, and K. Szczypiorski: Information Hiding in Communication Networks: Fundamentals, Mechanisms, and Applications, WILEY-IEEE, 2015.
- Recent scientific publications:
- Jean-Francois Lalande, Steffen Wendzel: Hiding Privacy Leaks in Android Applications Using Low-Attention Raising Covert Channels, ECTCM Workshop @ ARES'13, pp. 701-710, Regensburg, 2013. (slides [pdf])
- Upcoming/recent professional publications:
- Steffen Wendzel: "Gefahrenpotential der Netzwerksteganografie", IT-SICHERHEIT, 2013 (to appear).
- Steffen Wendzel: "Exfiltration vertrauenswürdiger Daten - Protektionsmaßnahmen hinken den modernen Techniken der Angreifer hinterher", digitalbusiness CLOUD, 2013 (to appear).
- Upcoming/Recent talks:
- scheduled: Keynote: "Nach dem Angriff: Versteckte Exfiltration vertraulicher Daten",
Konferenz "Prism, Tempora und Co. – Rezepte gegen den Abhörwahn", Köln, 2013-12-03.
- scheduled: "TBA",
9th IT4SE Workshop, Augsburg, 2013-11-19.
- "Hiding Privacy Leaks in Android Applications Using Low-Attention Raising Covert Channels",
ECTCM Workshop @ ARES'13, Regensburg, 2013-09-04.
Sonntag, 29. September 2013
A short summary of recent/upcoming activities since my last summary post from late May: